Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Burnt Orange

11/04/2014

Sweater: Old Navy // Pants: Aeropostale // Wedges: Steve Madden

We have made it to nearly 36 weeks you guys! Just two days shy of my 36 week mark. I feel absolutely wonderful and blessed. I have gotten to rest so much this weekend. My sweet man made sure of that. Watching our toddler and helping with everything. Hubby had an extended weekend, having taken Mon & Tues off, so we could go out of town on a last little getaway before the baby comes...yet plans went awry and we had to stay in town. Turned out to be so wonderful and peaceful.

Saturday it rained and was perfectly gloomy allllll day long. Finally...*Sigh* my kind of heaven. As the rain drummed on the rooftops in town, the foothills received a dusting of snow. The weather got chillier and the air is beginning to smell more like crispy winter. Meanwhile, we stayed indoors, cozy as can be. Honestly, couldn't have been more perfect. We got a few things done around the house, but mostly, we just enjoyed bumming around with lots and lots of cuddling for these four days. I wish we had these type of weekends more often. 

Our little angel Eliana has been extra cuddly and sweet. Giving mommy so many kisses, hugs and sweet little smiles. Following me around, wanting to be near me, touching me. Being very quiet and calm, she isn't much of a talker, but lately she keeps saying, "mom and mama" over and over. I get so excited every time and she gets shy and stops. I wish I could just make time stand still, to soak in these moments more deeply. She makes my heart nearly burst with the joy she brings me. Sometimes I cannot believe I get to experience this love and sweetness from not one angel, but two. God has surely blessed me.

Last Thursday, I had my weekly checkup with this little baby of mine. Right before the appointment, she dropped SO low, almost made me worry she had decided to come early. My doctor reassured me that around this time, the babies can start doing that, getting comfortable lower. She ended up moving back up by the end of the day though, to my relief. I had just turned 35 weeks that day, yet I continued measuring 2 weeks ahead; baby bump coming in at 37 weeks! Either this baby girl is really big(and growing) or my due date is off. Personally I have believed its off this entire pregnancy, so I am expecting to have this baby in the next 3 weeks or so (now that I'm nearly 36 weeks). I could be wrong of course, but just in case, this week I'll be packing my hospital bag. I just feel so much urgency to get things ready for her arrival. I need to get her nursery stocked and ready and finish moving Eliana into her new bedroom. Lots to do.

Today was a blustery chilly day, hence my cozy knit sweater. I love buying sweaters in bigger sizes...not only are they comfortable, but I can wear them while preggo too. I paired this burnt orange sweater with my favorite comfy wedges for running errands. I had an appointment today to do my finger prints for my Naturalization. I have lived in America for over 21 years, most of my life, yet only now have I gotten around to becoming a citizen. I studied all the questions and continue to review them for my impending interview. Really hoping to get this whole process done before this baby arrives and I resume sleepless nights and my groggy mommy brain comes back full force. Wish me luck!
 This is one of my favorite photos from the weekend. Eliana cuddling with hubby at Grandmas house. Her little hand holding daddy's finger and he's looking down at her adoringly...I melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment