Friday, November 14, 2014

Mamas Girl

11/11/2014

I am one blessed mama to call this sweetness mine! My hubby snapped the sweetest moments with Eliana right after her nap. She was so giggly, so cuddly and sweet. These photos capture our relationship perfectly. She truly is my little angel. Lately she just can't get enough of me. Especially when she's tired, she begs to be near me and cuddles up to me. She's always giving me the sweetest kisses and hugs. She truly is the apple of my eye. I've been treasuring these last weeks with her like never before. I wonder how life will change once her little sister is born. I hope I'll be able to give her all the attention and love she needs. She practically never cries, is rarely upset, never demanding anything. It's so easy to love her and so sad if she ever gets hurt or is upset. I will forever treasure these moments that I've been getting, with only her. My sweet baby girl.

PREGNANCY UPDATE

I was 2 days shy of 37 weeks, and definitely feeling more aches and pains. At my 36 week checkup I was measuring in at 37 1/2 weeks. We are sure she grew quite a bit, but because she dropped even lower, she didn't measure as big. Doc checked where her head is and its low, head fully engaged. We were surprised how low she had dropped. With her constantly having growth spurts, I myself didn't even notice it at first. But towards the end of this week she grew more and I definitely started noticing how much lower she is. I could not only see it, but I have consistently become more uncomfortable. Its become so difficult to sleep. I'm constantly tossing from side to side and waking up from pain at times, especially if I end up on my back. Hips feel like they are stretching quite a bit all day long. At times sharp pains shoot down my legs. My sisters definitely think shes hanging out pretty low and advising me to kick back, relax and have my bags packed. 

We cannot believe that she can be here any day now at this point. I have moments that I get so anxious and nervous thinking about everything that's going to happen. Yet I am so confident that everything will be okay once I'm at the hospital because we have been praying for a safe and quick delivery. I'm more anxious for my contractions to start or for water to break while I'm at home, alone, with my daughter. Scrambling to get ready and get a babysitter, waiting for hubby to get home...and all that jazz. It's so much more complicated once you have little ones to think about. I have faith that everything will happen as it should and normally am not one to worry...but sometimes, I just start thinking and going over too many scenarios in my head. So many unknowns for me with this pregnancy. I sure will be glad once I'm holding my little girl in my arms and everything is behind us, done and over with. :) If you mama's have any advice or tips on how to make going into labor smoother and easier with a toddler, I sure would welcome it! Thanks for reading and stopping by. Have a beautiful weekend.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment