Friday, October 17, 2014

Bumpin' A Green Dress


 10/16/2014
 Dress: Forever 21 / Opaque Black Tights: find here / Clutch: Forever 21 / Black Pumps: by Miss Me

When you find yourself amongst such glorious bursts of color, what to do accept twirl? And twirl some more. The cool refreshing wind rustling the leaves, sunshine warming the skin and gloomy clouds floating past in the sky...once again, this is proving to be my favorite season yet! I'm even more excited for this cooler weather because I can transition my summer clothes right into fall by simply adding tights or sweaters. Makes it so much easier to dress this ever growing bump. 

Whenever I shop for my bump, I always look for non-maternity clothing, so I could wear it after my pregnancies as well. I simply fell in love with this green dress when I found it at Forever21. Girly and pretty with just a touch of sexy thanks to the deep V in the back. With a flowey skirt and soft material, its definitely a favorite. I simply paired it with a colorful clutch, black tights, platform heels, and braided up my hair - letting the dress and bump have center stage.

 PREGNANCY UPDATE:
On this glorious day I am blessed to have made it to 33 weeks and counting...Just over 6 weeks to go, if that. Third trimester we just both grow. My baby girl is approximately 19 inches long and topping out at a whopping 4 1/2 pounds. Imagine a honeydew curled up inside a watermelon and you can know what I'm dealing with here. My baby girl is consistently active and SO strong! 24/7 she is nudging, kicking and tapping away. She is getting cramped in there, I can feel every movement and can see my stomach rocking whenever she moves to get comfortable. She already brings me so much joy and I keep imaging how she will look, smell, feel...simply holding her tiny little body in my arms, close to me.

While she is comfy as can be, this mama is having quite the time. Constant and strong braxton hicks contractions, which at times make me feel like my stomach will burst as it hardens my abdomen! Itchy skin as it stretches. The worst car sickness and my never leaving friend morning/ day sickness.  Painful round ligament pains also have been kicking my booty. Cant seem to get comfortable especially while staying busy and keeping up with my 18 month old toddler. I've tried laying down, getting comfy but that only serves to make me feel even stiffer when I get up; making me waddle and limp at times, feeling like an old lady. If any of you mamas have any tips I would greatly welcome the suggestions! 

Most importantly though, I am yet to experience any contractions as I had with Eliana. With my first pregnancy, they started at 20 weeks and would occasionally happen and made me and my family worry. I ended up having her at only 34 1/2 weeks, and we still don't know what caused her to arrive early. We are praying and hoping I carry to full term this time around. It will be so magical to hold my baby the same day I deliver her and not have to wait a whole day... Getting to bring my baby home the next day and not spend any time driving day after day to the NICU is something we are yet to experience and are so excited for! So far I feel strong, baby feels high and we are doing great! Praise God! We are heading in for our weekly check ups with the doctor, so we will be keeping a close eye on this little one. 

2 comments: