Monday, October 27, 2014

Geeky Chic

 Boots: BCBGeneration / Dress: Shabby Apple  / Jacket: Forever 21 / Scarf: Forever 21

Being a mommy, and preggo at that, my normal day to day look is with my hair up and my geek glasses on. If my hair is down at the beginning of the day it ends up wrapped up in a topknot at some point throughout the day. So, naturally I look for comfort in all I wear. Which, at this point in my pregnancy, is pretty much dresses...ALL THE TIME.

Being 6 feet tall, finding dresses that fit this long torso of mine is quite the challenge. You can imagine my joy and happiness when I came across this website, called Shabby Apple. They have a very large selection of beautiful dresses practically sewn with me in mind (happy dance). Simple, comfortable, elegant, beautiful and most importantly long. They carry dresses that come down to my knees or even my ankles if I so choose. This my friends, rarely (if ever) happens and is a cause for celebration when it does :) I ordered this wrap dress several sizes too large, trying to compensate for this growing bump. Next time I will be ordering my exact size.

Today's weather was perfectly chilly and breezy. I paired this dress with my favorite suede boots, a super soft, over-sized scarf and a light jacket. Absolutely perfect for me. I get hot so easily during pregnancy. I love wearing plenty of layers I could take off if I feel overheated or put on as needed. I was so comfy and you can be sure I will be wearing this dress on repeat this last month of my pregnancy and afterwards as well.

PREGNANCY UPDATE:
We are nearing 35 weeks and feeling so strong. We have officially made it past 34 1/2 weeks this time around, praise God! This is my second pregnancy, yet everything is so new to me at this point. We are starting our weekly checkups with the doctor and boy are we growing! At our last checkup, few days shy of 34 weeks, we were measuring at 36 weeks! That's over 2 weeks ahead...This little girl is growing so well; will be big and strong, like her mama. She is already a little character, pushed back at every touch the doctor made. Even when we simply listened to her heart beat. :) She started sleeping for larger periods of time in recent weeks and whenever she is awake she never stops moving. Always stretching/pushing with her legs and bum or tapping with her little hands. We just have 1 month to go, give or take, and I am so extremely in love with her already! 

I've been feeling the nesting bug taking over me recently. I can think of so many things I want to get done before we meet this little one. We have slowly started working on moving our eldest, Eliana, out of the nursery and into the room next door. I am hoping they will be great sleeping next door to each other, not waking one another. That is one thing I have been extremely nervous about. I expect to be lacking a lot of sleep myself, feeding around the clock. But I am REALLY hoping Eliana will continue sleeping well. In the last year and a half, I can count maybe a total of 30-50 days where she slept through the night. These last few weeks being the majority of it. She is finishing up getting all her teeth, just 4 back molars to go. And this mama has been enjoying SO many cuddles, hugs and kisses; Eliana recently learned to give kisses. Its the sweetest thing!!! For now, I will be enjoying my opportunity to sleep and will be giving our eldest all the attention I can as we prepare for the arrival of her little sister some time around Thanksgiving.

If anyone has any experience or advise they can share on how its been introducing a second sibling, I would love any tips or comments you may have to give :) Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment