Saturday, October 11, 2014

Fall at the Farmstead Festival


What a perfect day to be outside. Sun warm on our faces and a fresh fall wind welcomed us, as we arrived for a little family adventure at The Farmstead Corn Maze and Pumpkin Festival. So much to do. We tried to pack in as much as we could before the sun started setting.

Eliana was in heaven! We were outside, which is her favorite thing right now. Kids everywhere, which she loves and wants to touch immediately. So much to see and take in everywhere you look. We headed straight for all the animals. Eliana loved the petite cows best; kept touching their noses as they stretched their heads through the gate. To be perfectly honest, I was scared to touch all the animals myself. Its amazing the fearlessness in such a little person!

We headed for the corn maze next. Last year it was so huge and difficult we wandered around for over 3 hours, lost. We braved the maze again, with my hubby leading the way, determined he knew where to go. I suspect all men are like that. Haha. He led us through perfectly though. We touched upon every checkpoint and were all done in under one and a half hours. 

The hayride after the maze was such a great idea! It was long, bumpy and fun; made even sweeter since we got to rest our tired feet. The rest of the time we explored. Everything was beautiful as the sun was nearing the horizon and everything was cast in its golden glow. My sister and I convinced my man to ride the mechanical bull. He was such a great sport, even got nudged around by the bull after he fell off. Gave us a good laugh. The most delicious part were these amaaaaazing caramel apples. Warm, gooey caramel that got stuck in our teeth, but was oh so delicious! This truly was the most perfect way to welcome Autumn, my new favorite season.

I hope you enjoy our photos and all go out and adventure asap!
The smile on this Llama never fails to make us laugh :)
 I borrowed this loose dress from one of my sisters and sure was glad I wore it. Cinched with a simple belt and paired with my favorite scuffed-up, old pair of boots: I was comfortable to play with my daughter and wander around in it all day. I think it made my 32 week bump appear bigger than it is...but Oh! the comfort! :)
As  you may have noticed, she guarded her corn with her life...never left her little hands.
10/9/2014


Location: Farmstead Corn maze and Pumpkin Festival // Photography: Nikon D5100 and Samsung S5, thanks to my sis, Julez // Blue Dress: Gap // Boots: Wanted, a wonderful gift // (Eliana) Chambray Shirt, Cardigan, Leggings: Carters // (Hubby) Tshirt & Jeans: Gap

2 comments:

  1. This was a very fun adventure. Thank you for inviting me! You have a beautiful family Lily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im sure glad you came with! It was so much fun. thanks for helping me convince bogey to ride the bull. That was fun!

      Delete