Sunday, February 1, 2015

My Girls

 01/03/2015

These last two months have passed in a whirlwind for me. We have been adjusting and loving life with our two precious little girls. Life has taken on a new meaning. We are so busy all the time; feeding, eating, diaper changing, playing, napping, bathing, doing loads of laundry etc. There have been moments of craziness where I felt I couldn't make it another moment. Isabelle has finally become a calm happy little baby. We have finally been able to enjoy life with our girls instead of simply surviving. 
The first two months were quite the struggle. Not only was I busy with my toddler who wants to explore and be played with, I had my hands full with Isabelle. If it wasn't one thing it was another. Poor girl had the worst reflux, spitting up constantly. So I spent day and night feeding her then changing her and trying to keep her clean from all the spit up. After the reflux started passing she came down with a stomach bug and had diarrhea for two weeks. Before this passed, poor girl became colicky. Really bad. We tried everything, even Colic Calm didn't help. And that stuff is magical I tell you! I finally figured out that she is very sensitive to certain foods or drinks I have; unlike her sister. With Eliana, I was able to eat or drink anything and she was happy and calm as a clam.  Lets just say I couldn't WAIT till hubby came home from work and gave me a slight reprieve. 
Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely LOVING being a mommy to my angels. But life isn't always perfect. Sometimes there are struggles. But amidst it all we have to find and focus on those moments of pure joy and sweetness where ever we can find it. When my girls smile at me or look at me with love filled eyes, I just melt. Isabelle's delicious scent. Her strong tiny arms and legs, always on the move. Her smiles and baby agoos. Her curiosity and joy when she sees people, especially mommy and daddy. Her little voice, so much deeper then her older sisters. Her little genius-ness...I'm preparing to have my hands full with this one and so excited to see her learn things quickly. At 3 days old she understood that she preferred being held and for nearly 2 months I was barely able to set her down. This only meant I got loads and loads of cuddles from Isabelle. Eliana's laughter, slobbery kisses and bright excited eyes. Her helpful nature. Her love for music. Her love for her cousin Nate, which may as well be her brother. I love everything about my girls. They are worth every second of discomfort I may experience. 
Somehow a month after Isabelle was born, amidst all the craziness, we found time to snap these sweet photos with my girls. These photos capture us in the raw. Playing with Eliana while carrying for Isabelle. Just life with a newborn and toddler. Eliana had just woken from her nap and was so happy. She quickly became serious though. When she hears someone crying she gets hurt too. She tries to calm her sister with kisses and rough pats of love and comfort. I could tell she wants to help her feel better. She takes all the diapers to the trash, already mamas helper. She is truly the sweetest most sensitive little girl. Rarely demanding anything. Always patiently waiting while I feed her sister and always lighting up the moment she sees her awake. Eliana is already a book worm like her mama. She reads her books every day. This was a beautiful book my sister Julez bought my girls for Christmas. Its the "big girl" book of stories. So we rarely pull this one out yet. Even though Eliana is very careful, we only read this one together. She has hard page books for now that she can read on her own or read with me on a daily basis :).  I love my girls and would not trade them and my life with them for the world!  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! I can totally relate to needing a little reprieve :) (mama of a 3 boys- 3, 2, and 2 month old) and day-to-day life isn't always sunshine and roses when you're caring for little humans but like you said at the end of the day they are worth everything!
    p.s. my little one is still suffering from reflux and throws up almost every time after he eats:( can you share how you figured out it was food related and how you changed it ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment Ivanka! I can just imagine how busy your life is with 3 kiddos. You are one tough mama. Well in regards to the reflux, there truly wasn't too much I could do. One or two days a week she will still spit up a lot. I have learned that after she eats if she wiggles and moves a lot she will still start spitting up and keeps it up until her tummy is empty. It's isually best when she is tired and goes to sleep after eating. She gets swaddled and doesn't move as much while asleep and keeps the milk down better. With the foods...I noticed at certain times like when I had coffee, especially Starbucks, or when I had pizza or other foods she didn't like, her tummy would gurgle and she would start screaming really bad even before I finished feeding her. It made her tummy bloat I think and she would not stop screaming. Nothing would help. When I cut out and simplified my food intake to: minimal dairy, no spice, no pizza and pretty much no more coffee...she is doing so much better! We still have bad days here and there but she's mostly calmed down. God bless you! Hope your babe is better soon.

      Delete