Thursday, November 27, 2014

Grateful


Today is Thanksgiving...a day that I am so filled with gratitude! This year I have SO much to be thankful for. I have the greatest love there is: the love of Jesus, who saved me many years ago, and I am eternally grateful and blessed as a result. I have the love of a family, and next to that, there really is nothing that compares on this earth. I have the love of my husband, my daughter Eliana and our unborn little angel. I have the love of my big, rambunctious family. I just have so much love and kindness in my life. I am so very thankful for everything I've been blessed with...but this year, most of all its, for my family.

In my 27 years of life, my family has always been there for me. I'm so grateful for my wonderful, selfless parents who raised me to know and love Jesus. They taught me to work hard, to give and expect nothing in return. To be kind, loving and caring; to always put myself in someone elses shoes. They instilled in me an amazing work ethic too. I pray I can be half the mom my mama has been to me and my siblings. I am so blessed to have the most diverse, talented, fun and wonderful 6 sisters and the coolest little brother. 3.5 years ago I was blessed to get another incredible, caring and strong mama; along with two more brothers and a stunning little sister. They have brought so much laughter and joy into my life. They love and spoil Eliana and are always there for us. I have the best 4 brother-in-laws, who are all such Godly men and incredible husbands to my sisters! I am thankful for each member of my amazing family.

This day and forever more, I will continue to thank our Heavenly Father for blessing me with the most incredible husband! For those that know my hubby, they all can easily say, he is so hilarious! Always bringing a bit of humor into our lives. Willing to lend a hand and thoughtful. Very courteous and kind. I truly cannot say enough about how wonderful he is. He knows how to lift me up when I'm going through a tough time; he is my rock and my comfort when I need it. I just know that only because of the grace of our Father was I blessed to be by his side forever more. He provides for our family. Keeps a roof over our heads, food in our bellies and joy in our lives. He helps me with every chore around the house. Always letting me rest and giving me a break every chance he gets, especially in these last weeks of pregnancy. He is the best daddy too! Seeing how loving he is towards our Eliana fills me with the deepest love and joy. Words cannot even describe the feeling I have when I see them together. Just pure happiness is all. And how blessed am I to watch their relationship blossom and deepen with every day that passes?

Lastly I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the little people in my life. For my Eliana, my sweet angelic little daughter. If I had to describe her character, I would compare her to a sweet little bird. Shy, observant, loves music, forgiving, patient, full of happiness and peace. She has so much love to give, and shares her sweetness with everyone around. Kisses her reflection in the mirror or in pictures. Gives her baby cousins and stuffed animals kisses all the time. She has the sweetest character, I never imagined I could be blessed with such a  calm and caring little child. I myself had grown up a little tomboy, who had to experience everything for herself: I expected my children to be this way as well. I am just so grateful to be a mommy and to call Eliana mine. My little angel child. I am so blessed indeed! And as if that were not enough, this year in March, we found out we were expecting another little angel this fall. We are eagerly awaiting the arrival of a little sister for Eliana to play with and adore. She has brought so much joy into our lives even while in my belly. We already have so much love for her. We feel immeasurably blessed to have had such a healthy and long pregnancy, this second time around. She has been strong from the get go. Always on the move and just so full of life! We are so grateful for our two little girls and are so excited to introduce them one of these days :).

I hope that you all have a very blessed Thanksgiving day, and lets all try to find something to be grateful for not just today, but every day this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment