Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Chunky Braid and Bump

 
11/22/2014

This sweet baby girl of mine sure has gotten herself nice and comfy inside mama's belly. She must love listening to my heart and snuggling mommy...because she is refusing to evacuate the premises. I was 38 1/2 weeks here already and SO ready to meet her. She has her own plans apparently. Week 38 was full of many false alarms. Many times we contacted family to line up a babysitter for Eliana. Kept us anxious all week thinking that every time we had contractions and extra pressure, that was it. Every morning I wake up and my sisters and mom text me asking if there's any news, any progress. Waiting honestly is the worst!
I know that its best for the baby to stay in as long as she needs. But, this last week has been chalk full of contractions, stretching and major aches and pains. There were several days where I had contractions that got pretty close together, but never stayed consistent enough or got stronger. She has been stretching like crazy, my stomach being pushed and prodded every which way. My doctor was just amazed and shocked that she hasn't broken my water yet. We were sure she would be here by now. If not for the discomfort, we would just wait patiently. Although honestly at this point, we have given in. We decided to just take it easy and let her decide when its time.
My body is definitely ready to have her though. She's already measuring in at 40 weeks. I continue dilating and now at 4cm. Cervix still fully thinned and head engaged and very low. Everything is ready for her arrival, accept her. I am even emotionally more settled and ready for whenever she decides to come. A week ago I was so anxious, felt so much nervousness. But after waiting for two weeks now, with no success, I am just ready to hold her already. Ready to get this birth over with and ready to enjoy her warm and sweet little body snuggled up against me.
She is growing by the day, and my curiosity with her. How big will she be...how will she look? I love her so much already. Every day I just sit looking down at my belly, as it rolls around with her movements, and I try to guess if its her knees pushing at me or her little booty, or maybe a foot stretched out to the far recesses of my belly (always the right side). She is such an active little one. I want to meet this little wiggle bug already! And at the rate she's growing, I hope I'll be able to deliver her. Seems shes getting pretty big, and because we had Eliana early, we don't even know what size our full term babies can be. Eek! Pray for my delivery, I sense the end is near and I hope all this pre-labor will make me have her very quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment